Monday, December 20, 2010

Fergie of Black Eyed Peas Launch Outspoken Fragrance

Fergie, either as a member of the Black Eyed Peas or as a solo artist, loves Janis Joplin, Queen Latifah and Brigitte Bardot. She lists vegetable juice, lingerie, diamond facials, workouts and Maldives as all good medicine.

Also known as Stacy Ann Ferguson, Fergie lives the glamorous life as she creates big waves as an American singer-songwriter, rapper, fashion designer and film star.

Now add to her credentials: fragrance designer. More specifically of Outspoken by Fergie, her first fragrance project with global brand Avon, the company for women.

Fragrance makes me feel sexy and alluring. I wanted to create a fragrance that people will respond to and enjoy. Outspoken is a fresh, modern scent that will make the women who wear it feel confident and fearless. The scent is bold with a raw, sexy edge that will shock you.

A crafted study in unexpected contrasts, that may as well describe Fergie. Think chiffon and leather, rocker chic and belle of the ball, bold personality and sweet lyrics, the underlying toughness in soft femininity.
I deeply respect the work they do when it comes to raising awareness for important health-related and social issues such as breast cancer and domestic violence. And this has been an incredible opportunity to work with the experts at Avon,” as Fergie expressed her excitement.
She learned so much about how concept, team, product all come together. “It has allowed me to tap into my creative side in an entirely different way. One thing that remains the same is that I want the fragrance, like my music, to have a story and have real meaning and personality.
Outspoken by Fergie
Even the packaging comes with a personal story. “I found inspiration for the cap design while getting dressed for my wedding to Josh.  There was a crystal decanter in the bridal suite and I knew I wanted the cap to look like that...I had my team send me sketches while I was on my honeymoon! Outspoken is sort of a ‘Rock n Roll Boudoir’ which is very similar to my personal closet at home.” Result: the elegant and delicate-looking crystal decanter cap contrasts nicely with the beautiful black genie-shape bottle base.

Fergie has her own personal connection too. “My grandmother was actually an Avon lady and I can remember her having little parties with her friends and showing them all the beautiful makeup pieces. When I was younger, I even asked my grandmother to leave me her makeup in her will!  My mom would also help my grandma wrap up the gifts herself.

It was really satisfying to do something that was so completely different from what I normally do as a performer.  I have shared my music with the world and am excited to now be able to share a different part of who I am through my fragrance, Outspoken.” For Fergie, Outspoken is an opportunity to have a real place in the Avon brand.

Outspoken by Fergie is now available for P999. Contact any Avon Representatives nationwide starting December 1, 2010. The Avon Customer Hotline is 8642900. Visit www.avon.com.ph to find out how you can get in touch with an Avon Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment